In 1826 CS Perrotet transformed this place into The Botanical Garden and Aquarium in a fance french flair with trimmed trees, flower coating, a Japanese rock and flashy fountains. The Garden was spread across 22 acres of land which consists of 1500 endangered and exotic species of plants. It hosts a wide collection of exotic plants which lures students and researchers of life science. The garden was divided into 28 plots each designed on a separate theme. Garden was made as the hub of horticultural development in Pondicherry from 1960 until now. Inhouse Aquarium have a massive range exquisite fishes and bizarre marine life. Also the garden runs a train for children which travels through tunnels, bridges and manmadewaterfalls.